Step 1 – start with your Gateway based configuration:
sccp local ….your interface that is used to communicate with CUCM….
sccp ccm ……your primary CUCM IP address….. identifier 1 priority 1 version …your CUCM version…. (for CUCM 8 use 7.0)
sccp ccm ….your secondary CUCM IP address… identifier 2 priority 2 version …..your CUCM version…. (for CUCM 8 use 7.0)
sccp ccm ……your SRST Gateway IP address….. identifier 3 priority 3 version …your SRST Gateway version…….
sccp ccm group 1
bind interface ..your interface that is used to communicate with CUCM
associate ccm 1 priority 1
associate ccm 2 priority 2
associate ccm 3 priority 3
switchback method graceful
service alternate Default
voice service voip
modem passthrough nse codec g711ulaw
stcapp ccm-group 1
cptone …your cptone like GB, KW etc…..
timeouts initial 60
timeouts interdigit 60
timeouts call-disconnect 0
timeouts ringing infinity
Step 3 – Create a dialpeer for each of your ports
dial-peer voice 100 pots
fax rate disable
Step 4 – Configure your Analog Phones supplementary features (optional Step – only if you needed these features, otherwise move to step 5)
stcapp feature access-code
call forward all …your code Example 18..
call forward cancel …..your code Example 17……
pickup local your code Example 22…..
Etc…. So now to use call forward all on your analog phone you need to press *18 then the extension you would like to forward
your calls to..
Step 5 – Add your VG224 Gateway to CUCM
-Go to your CUCM administration Page and navigate to Device – Gateway
-Click on Add new
-Select VG 224 from the drop down menu
-Select SCCP from the protocol drop down menu – click next
-Next Screen – in the MAC address Field use the last 10 Digits of your MAC address (To show your mac address use the show interface ….your interface command on your VG224 gateway)
- in the description field give your gateway a description or keep the defualt
- Select your call manager group from the drop down menu
- Select your module as Analog
- Click on save to refresh page and get the sub-unit drop down menu – and select 24 FXS SCCP – Click on save again
there is two ways to Add Extensions to your Analog phones, the first one is to go to each port and assign it an Extension using the below steps:
- Go to your CUCM administration Page and navigate to navigate to Device – Gateway
- Click on Find to list your gateways and locate your VG224 Gateway.
- Select the port that you want to configure – Select your Device Pool – Select your Device Common Configuration – Select your calling search space if applicable – Select your Device Security profile – you can keep all other settings at the defualt – click on save.
- At the upper left hand side – Select Line 1 add new DN – Enter your Directory number – Select your route pattern if applicable – change maximum number of calls to 2 at the bottom of the page if call conference is required – you can keep other settings at defualt or change them as required – Click on save.
- you need to repeat these steps for each port you want to configure.
- At the end go back to your Gateway page and apply config – now you can go to the port and you should confirm that the port is registered with your primary call manager IP address.
The second way to do that is to use the Bulk Administration tool to assign your extensions at once as described in the below URL